01937 832 740
Or click here to use our online contact form.
This Play in a Day is for up to 30 KS2 or 3 pupils. The pupils will work with a facilitator throughout the day and have the opportunity to share a short performance to an audience of their choice at the end of the day.
What is a democracy? Have you heard of the Equality Act? Who enforces the law in Britain and why should we respect them/each other?
“Through their provision of SMSC, schools should:
• enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
• enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
• further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
• encourage respect for other people; and
• encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.”
Its polling day at school and the students are all arguing over which party they should vote for or if they should vote at all – What is the point?! We have The Green Party, the No Homework Party, the Boys Only Football Party and the Jedi Party! But what are they all standing for?
This Play in a Day has been specifically designed as a spring-board to open up discussion between students’ and teachers. Essential information is broken down and discussed in order to be digestible for both the children taking part in the day and those watching the final performance, allowing everybody to recognise that they have a voice that is listened to and respected.
"The important topic of ‘Children’s Rights’ was brought alive by the workshop facilitator and he used his skills to help a number of children overcome their fears and perform in front of the whole school. The final performance was thoroughly enjoyed by the audience. The children absolutely loved working with the facilitator; his energy and enthusiasm shined through and made the whole experience both enjoyable and valuable for them" (School in East Dunbartonshire, Scotland)
For more information on our Play in a Day workshops, please click here or ask one of our School Coordinators. You can call on 01937 832740, fill out an online enquiry form or email us directly on email@example.com